Welcome to my attempt at keeping the masses up to date

Please note: my blog is full of my thoughts, opinions (which are not always "right"), random things relating to my family and friends and the occasional Cut and Paste news.... whatever is important to me. I ramble on from time to time (that's the St. Sauveur in me) and at the end of whatever I wrote you may question what on earth I was thinking or it may not even make sense to you.....sorry....I warned you. You may not always like what you read (I do have an insane case of "Potty Mouth" which I try to hide on here, but it won't always happen) or what you see, but we all have our own opinions on things. Feel free to ask questions or leave comments. I do ask that you please leave your name so I know who I'm responding to. If you want to email me privately you may do so at Thanks

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

How is it that the days go by at mach10

So to catch everyone up to date....monday, the 16th, taylor and I had a special morning with my aunt kathy, uncle randy, cousin matt and his girlfriend renee....and my uncle's parents and several of his cousins. The 'tate' clan from all over the place ventures up here each year for their family reunion. I couldn't let my family be in the area without a visit so thanks to the internet I was able to figure out where they were, which blew my mind..... Mark's house is maybe 2 miles from me.... And so taylor and I strolled on down to mark's, found out 'my crew' were in town at the hotel. So we head over there to track them down and after a bunch of hugs and kisses and 'this is....' and 'nice to meet you's' , they invited us to the brown cow for breakfast. So we head over there and find out they don't have room for the 30 or so of us, but they worked on making sure we all gone our tummies filled. While they were rearranging stuff to accommodate the lot of us, we were greated by a 5 minute horrific downpour acompanied by some pretty intimidating lightning and thunder. It apparently killed power to most of newport and we later found out it killed it back at home in nh too, but the storm was short and we scooted inside for a delicious feast (many thanks to joel and susan). Afterwards mark played tour guide and brought us out to see elk, buffallo and deer. Oh my goodness. I'm used to seeing elk....we stop in derby all the time at cow palace so the kids can see them...ashtyn thinks they're anyway, we see them all the time, they are some big critters, well, the elk we saw that day put just about every large animal i've ever seen to shame. We actually saw a moose at the end of our excursion and I was laughing because keep in mind this was a moose and a pretty big one at that, but compared to the elk we saw, the moose looked like a miniature donkey. We even got to heard a baby buffalo back into it's corral. It broke out through a hole in the fence and couldn't figure out how to get back in. So we kind of stalked him and when he finally saw the way back in his mommy was there waiting. She was so happy to have her baby back, the silly beast was trotting literally when he got back threw the fence. It was a sight. The whole trip was pretty awesome...and the fact it's right down the road was really cool....and the new people I met were all awesome. I can't wait to visit. I found out later that joel and susan live like 2 miles away too in the opposite direction from mark and kristy.... I'm smack dab in the middle. After that adventure we headed back to camp to await cathy's arrival (friend from home, not my aunt kathy I mentioned earlier). Cathy shows around 3 and I finished up my laundry, made some dinner for all of us and got to stay up late talking girlie stuff which I haven't done in I don't know how long. It was nice. Ashtyn came home the next day with ron and sue, just a few hours after the fridge and stove scared me and needed to be shut off. They arrived around 5....with a chest of lobsters for us for dinner! So I ran around and got the grill going, realized it was a very good thing I brought my large pot from home (or we wouldn't have been able to cook the yummy treats) and cooked everyone dinner. Harlow's corn and lobsters fresh out of the atlantic = awesome!!!!! The next day ron and I fought with the gas lines and appliances. He got a new regulator, ran new lines, we cleaned and re cleaned everything....nothing fixed the stove..... I told him I thought the pilot was too high and it needed to be adjusted but neither of us knew what to do to do that. We hemmed and hawwed and worked on the fridge for a bit and then I mentioned the papers that were bolted to the range....maybe that will tell you how to adjust it. Low and behold! Yay! Ron fixed the stove! So we're all excited and we get the fridhe back together and back in it's spot and then it's dinner time. I made some sheppards pie, our style, and then we went over to marg and louis's. We hung out at the garage for a bit until it was bed time for the monkeys and sue, the kids and I went to camp leaving the guys with louis and the atv's. The next morning ron and sue were gone before we woke up, and no it wasn't late, it was around 7:15. Around 10 I smelled something not good. Turned out to be the fridge. It wasn't cooling anymore. The stuff in the freezer was still frozen but the fridge was not doing so well. Jeremy re-levelled it and we waited to see if it was working. That's basically how the next 4 days went: check the fridge, tilt it, shim it, hope it works, repeat. We did have a little break in the fridge cycle: justin and crystal came up to visit friday through monday, and bryan and rachel came over saturday night. We dusted the cobwebs off our brains re-remembered how to play asshole. And sunday day justin, crystal, jeremy, myself and the kids went to the fair down in barton. The girls had so much fun. Taylor could actually go on some rides with just big sis and ashtyn could go on almost everything. I think she had the most fun on the gravitron....that spinning room that has a drop out floor....yeah, she went on it with daddy. We found out while we were there that apparently all the really bad clothes, shoes and hair do's from the 80's have sadly become 'cool' again. It was pretty funny. All I could think about was jen's post last year with the king and queens of redneck, white trash-dom, fully backed up with photographic evidence..... I actually checked her blog while I was waiting for fries to see if she was there and laughing with me...but nope :(.... I still had a chuckle though. After we exhausted ourselves with endless rides and smash, bang and the honking of the fire alarms at the demolition derby, we ventured back to camp for a rematch of our oh-so-politely-named card game with bryan and rachel. Monday afternoon we said our goodbyes to justin and crystal (they'll be back up again friday :) ) and we got back to our fridge issue. Finally, the fridge is working. So tuesday I went grocery shopping. I have never been so excited to have a glass of milk. Now we are at today. Jeremy left some time this morning with bryan to go to alton to pick up his truck, trailer it to charlestown, pick up the jeep and plywood in north walpole and trailer that here. About a 12 hour day, in the truck. Not my idea of fun. Which is why we stayed here. I talked to him about 2 hours after they left, they were 40 minutes away....not a good start. I got a call around 2 and found out I got the job i've been trying to get for 3months. So I called jeremy to tell him the good news. I could barely understand him due to his lacking cell signal but I caught something about someone dumping diesel on him and his truck before the phone went dead....more not good stuff. Then around 6 he called and asked me to look at my keys..... I didn't understand it but looked anyway. Turns out the jeep is now locked, the key to it is not in it or in my house, my house was unlocked when he got the and the power which I shut off a month ago is still on. Not impressed about the house being say the very realtor will be hearing from me in the morning. I don't know what has happened down there over the past 3 weeks but someone's head is going to roll, especially after I have to deal with Mr. Cranky pants when he finally gets back here. So, that is basically how I spent my last 10 days....and now you're up to date.

-- Sent from my Palm Pixi


Jolene said...

Wow, I guess you don't have time to get bored up there in the NEK. Please tell me you have a lp gas detector up there. Gas appliances scare the crap out of me. Dan almost died when he was little due to the gas fridge malfunctioning during the night at his camp.

That really sucks about the stupid, inept realtor leaving your house unlocked in light of all the break-ins and your suv being stolen before.

Hope you get the job. Will Ashtyn be able to go to PreK this fall?

Nina Honeycutt said...

we have a carbon monoxide detector but i'm not sure if that's the same thing or not...... I should definitely be looking into that. I'm hoping to get ashtyn into school. That's actually part of my mission for today.

Jolene said...