CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Welcome to my attempt at keeping the masses up to date

Please note: my blog is full of my thoughts, opinions (which are not always "right"), random things relating to my family and friends and the occasional Cut and Paste news.... whatever is important to me. I ramble on from time to time (that's the St. Sauveur in me) and at the end of whatever I wrote you may question what on earth I was thinking or it may not even make sense to you.....sorry....I warned you. You may not always like what you read (I do have an insane case of "Potty Mouth" which I try to hide on here, but it won't always happen) or what you see, but we all have our own opinions on things. Feel free to ask questions or leave comments. I do ask that you please leave your name so I know who I'm responding to. If you want to email me privately you may do so at imninstar@yahoo.com Thanks

Monday, March 8, 2010

No news is good news.... I guess

We went to Shriners last Wednesday to get Taylor's feet checked out. Basically the consensus is..... don't worry about it. Her feet may correct themselves and if not... she'll just have flat feet and may at some point get arch supports for her shoes. The ortho we saw wasn't concerned at all and at this point I'm good with that. They said if she seems to be in pain or her ankles/feet get "worse" then definitely have her looked at again but they don't think I should be concerned. She is walking a million times better now than when we first set up her appointment, so that adds to my breathing easier about this whole situation.

We also got to go bug the OPD crew while we were there. Not only did little miss Taylor get fitted for another arm, we got to meet another little girl, Kristina, who lives in NH and has an LBE amp and cutie little "fingers" too. They didn't get to have any real in depth chit chat (the Mommy's did, and her Dad piped in a couple times) but the girls did have a good time swapping arms and comparing nubbies. I still can't believe she could fit into Taylor's arm.... she's 4 years old... I know Taylor loved it. She kept taking her prosthetic off and pointing with her nubbie at Kristina... in her mind saying "finally, someone that isn't a two handed freak!"

I also got to talk with a few of the OPD crew members about random special prosthetics... for riding bikes, atv's, etc. Which then kind of turned into a conversation about how amputees can and will do anything they want to and how I should check out Gimps on Ice which is an climbing event of Paradox Sports. WOW! These people are awesome and crazy-brave. And not because they are amputees, because climbing ice is a horribly frightening idea! OMG! The group has a bunch of other events too, fly fishing, biking, surfing, you name it and they're probably doing it.

I think that basically sums up everything I can come up with right now that I've managed to not blog about. I'm being very bad about blogging recently.... too many projects, not enough time. Speaking of time.... its bed time. Nighty night.

0 comments: